Hi everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day! I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award a few months ago by Holly @ Nut Free Nerd and I finally came around to writing this post. Thank you Holly for the nomination, it was so kind. I hope you all enjoy this post, and my answers!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
1. What’s your biggest source of motivation when it comes to blogging?
Amazing books and other bloggers to be honest! I blog because I love books, and I want to get to know other bloggers too. I mean getting to know other people who love books as much as you do, reading their posts, and them reading mine is just the greatest feeling.
2. What inspires you?
Everything. I like to take inspiration from my day-to-day life as much as possible, and bring that into my life and blogging.
3. Out of all of your posts, which one is your favorite?
This is a hard one! I think it’s a tie between two blog posts, Welcome To The Ballet World (+Book Recs) and Welcome to Olivia Chanel’s Book Café. I worked really hard on the graphics, and the book recommendations are pretty amazing too (of course, I think so haha).
4. Do you stick to a blogging schedule or do you prefer to post spontaneously?
It’s a bit of both honestly. I have a blogging schedule right now, with finished posts until March. Other times though, I just write posts whenever I feel like it. I mean whenever an idea comes to me and I have time I try to write it and post it as soon as possible.
5. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
To be honest, first of all, in the beginning I just called my blog Olivia Chanel but thought that name was sort of lame. I thought of a few ideas, and eventually it became Olivia Chanel’s Galaxy of Books just because I’ve loved space all my life and it’s really fascinating and endless, just like my love for books.
6. What’s one of your biggest blogging pet peeves?
This is a hard one, I guess really long blog posts with not a lot of pictures. I lose concentration so fast, and though it can be a really interesting post I exit the page before I’m halfway through (I’m terrible, I know). I’m not sure that counts as a pet peeve, but I just want posts to be easier to read and engage with. Include lots of pictures and make the important parts bold, just to make the reader feel less overwhelmed by a big mass of text.
7. Any blogging advice?
I’ve almost been blogging for a year now, but have had so many months where I’m away so I guess my biggest blogging advice is to just not get too hyped up. When I have free time I write a bunch of blog posts and published all within a short amount of time which means that when I’m busy I literally have nothing to post. That’s why I think it’s really smart to write a few extra posts when you have time and save them for a rainy day.
8. Do you prefer sunny or rainy days?
Sunny days, definitely. I literally hate winter and clouds, and love love love summer and the sun.
9. Favorite pair of sunglasses?
I don’t have any and since I wear ordinary glasses, sunglasses are just annoying.
10. What’s your ideal way to spend a sunny summer day?
I love spending sunny summer days by the ocean, reading a good book and tanning. Honestly, just chilling by the beach is the best feeling. I can do it all day every day, with no regrets. Also I love walking around when it’s sunny because you can see so many things and still get that sunlight, it makes me really happy.
11. Favorite song with “sun” in the title?
I honestly love songs with sun metaphors in them, this is too hard to choose. This is my weakness, my absolute weakness. I think the song I’m going to choose is Brighter Than Sunshine by Aqualung. Best song ever.
The eleven questions I came up with are really random, but super fun. I can’t wait to see the answers!
- What is your favorite season of the year?
- Do you like reading books outside during summer?
- What is one lesson you have learned since you started blogging?
- What book have you reread the most times?
- What blogger would you love to one day have a collaboration with?
- If you have any, how do you arrange your bookshelves?
- What does a perfect day look like for you?
- Do you listen to music when you read and/or study?
- What is your favorite song of all time?
- Do you schedule blog posts or post spontaneously?
- What is one thing about you that not a lot of people know?
I’m nominating 11 blogs that I’ve been following for a while now, and that I really love. You all have to follow them and check out their blogs. Only quality content!
- Charlotte @ cahwrites
- Melanie @ BooksAreMyChildren
- Alex @ WhimsyPages
- Ola @ OlaReadsBooks
- Amy @ Book Babbles And Blues
- Lauren and Megan @ YABOOKERS
- Nashaly @ ReadAmongTheStars
- Isabella @ The Book Pandas
- Laura @ Green Tea & Paperbacks
- Annie @ iliveandbreathewords
Thank you Holly again for the nomination, I really enjoyed answering your questions.
What did you guys think of my answers? What would your answers have been? Do you have any blogging advice to share?