Hi, there world travelers and fellow book slayers! I’m here with a wrap-up post for June, maybe a bit late but it’s here nonetheless. June was a great month for me. My summer vacation from University started, I got all As on my assignments, I went to Gran Canaria with my mom, I saw Arctic Monkeys live, and lastly, I read lots of books. In June I read 12 books which feels like a personal record of some sort. I talked about what I read during my vacation in my blog post Books I Read in Gran Canaria. However, I got more read during the month than the books I mentioned in that post so I thought I’d list them all here together with my ratings of them.
This picture was taken at Jardín Botánico Canario Viera y Clavijo, the official botanical garden of Gran Canaria and the Canary Islands. It is one of my favorite pictures (and locations) from my vacation.
Books I Read In June
The names of the books are linked to their individual Goodreads page throughout the entire blog post.
- Prom Queen Perfect by Clarisse David. 5 out of 5 planets.
- Second Wave Summer by Jay E. Tria, Six de los Reyes, and Tara Frejas. 4 out of 5 planets.
- What Kind of Day by Mina V. Esguerra. 4 out of 5 planets.
- soft in the middle by Shelby Eileen. 3 out of 5 planets.
- What About Today by Dawn Lanuza. 5 out of 5 planets.
- The Boyfriend Backtrack by Dawn Lanuza. 5 out of 5 planets.
- The Hometown Hazard by Dawn Lanuza. 5 out of 5 planets.
- Star-Touched Stories by Roshani Chokshi. 5 out of 5 planets.
- Songs of Our Breakup by Jay E. Tria. 4 out of 5 planets.
- Songs to Get Over You by Jay E. Tria. 4 out of 5 planets.
- Unrealistic Dreams by Yool Wie. 5 out of 5 planets.
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. 5 out of 5 planets.
As can be seen from the list, most of my reads this month were amazing. I have to say though that The Boyfriend Backtrack, The Hometown Hazard, Star-Touched Stories, and The Sun is Also a Star were my top reads this month and they have solidified themselves as absolute favorites in my heart. I highly recommend checking those out. The first two, written by Dawn Lanuza, are two amazing romance novels whereas the other two of my favorites are YA stories that will make you cry and fall in love. Don’t miss out!
This picture is from when I saw Arctic Monkeys live in Copenhagen with one of my oldest and closest friends. It was the coolest concert ever and they played a lot of my favorite songs.
Books I Bought In June
I also bought a few books in June and I just have to share them with you. I plan on reading a few of these either in July or August. I’ll list the books I bought in chronological order with information about where I bought them.
The following are the physical books I bought in June,
- Hurts to Love You by Alisha Rai which can be bought at Amazon, Book Depository, The Ripped Bodice, or Adlibris.
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan which can be bought at Amazon, Book Depository, The Ripped Bodice, or Adlibris.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid which can be bought at Amazon, Book Depository, The Ripped Bodice, or Adlibris.
I bought these three at my local Swedish online bookstore, Adlibris. Sweden has a few bookstores (though not a lot), both online and in real life, but I personally think that Adlibris have the best prices in Sweden. Thus, I usually buy my books from there when I don’t want to buy my books from the Book Depository.
Moreover, these were the kindle books I bought in June,
- Next to You by Daisy Prescott. Amazon (FREE).
- soft in the middle by Shelby Eileen. Amazon (2 $).
- Hide Your Heart by Tracey Alvarez. Amazon (FREE).
- Tender Secrets by Ann Christopher. Amazon (FREE).
- Don’t Let Go by Michelle Lynn. Amazon (FREE).
- Ghost of a Feeling by Celestine Trinidad. Amazon (3 $).
- Sky High by Josephine Traynor. Amazon (3 $).
- The Summer of Jordi Perez by Amy Spalding. Amazon (15 $).
- Loving Lauren by Jill Sanders. Amazon (FREE).
- If Only for the Summer by Alexandra Warren. Amazon (6 $).
- No Strings Attached by Mina V. Esguerra. Amazon (3 $).
- Love Your Frenemies by Mina V. Esguerra. Amazon (3 $).
Most of these I bought from Amazon because they were on sale so I’ll add their current price in parentheses but they might not be as cheap now as they were when I actually bought them in June so be aware of that.
After an eventful month, my mom and I decided to take a walk through our hometown and I found this pathway hidden inside a massive hedge. I’m convinced that if you enter it, it’ll take you to another dimension or an alternative universe.
Blog Posts Posted in June
Despite being away, I managed to post at least a little in June. There wasn’t a lot but definitely more than when I was studying. Check the blog posts out below if you missed them when they were first posted or you just want to see them again.
- Books I Read in Gran Canaria (ft. #romanceclass titles and an anticipated poetry read)
- Review of The Boyfriend Backtrack by Dawn Lanuza
- The Boyfriend Backtrack by Dawn Lanuza EP (A Mini Book Playlist)
That was it for June! I definitely have a lot more planned for the blog in July so stay tuned because I have both reviews, book playlist and other fun stuff that will come your way this month. Thanks for stopping by in my galaxy of books, until next time!